A skylight replacement or repair will let you enjoy the fresh, Spring air in your Central Pennsylvania home. Common signs that it might be time to repair your skylight include open seams, roof debris or any roofing damage, water stains, condensation, discolored and/or bubbling drywall around the skylight. Unattended skylight repairs will cost you more in the long run and they should be repaired or replaced at the first sight of any issues. If you are considering replacing your skylight, continue reading for the top reasons for a new skylight.
- Energy Efficient – VELUX (electric) venting skylights offer clean and quiet glass windows that provide more natural light and better heat control than any other glass window system.
- Save Money – Skylights cut down on the need for electric lighting. Using daylight significantly reduces energy costs and consumption, meaning more cash in your pocket!
- Fresh Air – Adding fresh air and ventilation to your home is essential to your health and well-being. Skylights are great for rooms that require ventilation such as kitchens and bathrooms. They also reduce the need for air conditioners or fans during warm months.
- Privacy – For homes that are closely situated to neighbors, normal windows can be a privacy concern. However, installing skylights in rooms like the bedroom or bathroom provide outdoor views and natural sunlight without the hassle of peering eyes from neighbors or street passerbys.
- Federal Tax Credit – Some skylights, such as the solar powered “Fresh Air”, are eligible for a 30% Federal Tax Credit. Homeowners can receive a tax credit on product and installation. Go to www.velux.com for more details.
- Liven Up Small Spaces – Skylights are a great option for visually expanding small areas such as hallways, stairwells and other closed-in, dark spaces that can be transformed with natural light and sky views.
If you are considering skylight repair or having a new skylight installed, Conservation Concepts has you covered. For skylights in the Central Pennsylvania area, select Conservation Concepts. Call us today at 1-800-755-2405 or fill out our contact form.